Wedding Film FAQ’s

Please read through these questions and answers. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Q. How would you describe your wedding video style?
A. I strive to produce a wedding film rather than a wedding video, aiming for the final product to be a more cinematic experience in its style, tone, and appearance. On the day itself, I try to capture events as they naturally unfold, without trying to stage or influence proceedings, staying as ‘in the background’ as possible. I also focus on capturing the special moments that happen throughout the day that you, as the couple, may not have seen or been aware of, in order to provide you with a complete picture of your wedding day. In three words, I would describe my wedding films as cinematic, natural, and elegant.

Q. If I have bridal preparations, what do I have to do to be able to have you tape at a salon/hairdressers or other such places of work?
A. If you are planning on getting ready at a salon, it’s a good idea to check in advance to see if they will allow you to film in their building.

Q. Is it possible to film everyone at the wedding ceremony and reception? How long do you work with me on the day of our wedding?
A. It’s impossible to be able to guarantee that everyone will be filmed. As a general rule with my films, I try to shoot as many of the guests as I can. If you want me to make sure that a specific family member/friend is filmed, you must inform me before the wedding. I will stay until all the footage needed to finish your film to a high standard is captured. Usually this means leaving the reception around 15 minutes after the last formal activities. If there is an event taking place later in the evening, please let me know ahead of time so that I can make arrangements in my schedule.

Q. How do you edit our film?
A. The way I shoot and edit the film is by using candid camera and editing techniques. I try to capture the events of the day as unobtrusively as possible, preferring natural shots of you and your guests as opposed to staged scenes. As a general rule, your day will be condensed into a 20-25 minute film. If you have any questions as to how this will
look, please get in touch or visit Only the most important moments from the wedding ceremony are included in the main film; If you’d like the ceremony or speeches in their entirety I can offer these as extras.

Q. How long does it take to finish our film? Can we make changes to the final cut?
A. I spend between 40-50 hours editing the film over a period of approximately 60 – 90 days, and will notify you when the finished product is completed. After the initial draft has been viewed, changes can be requested in writing within 72 hours. After the final cut has been viewed, any further changes are subject to an hourly rate of £30 with a minimum of 2 hours charged, unless the fault lies with Sam Jordan Films; in this instance, errors, such as spelling mistakes, shall be rectified at no charge. These charges are not intended as a deterrent, but reflect the cost of additional editing time and materials.

Q. How much is your deposit? When do I pay the remaining balance?
A. The deposit is a non-refundable 25% of the cost of the film. The remaining 75% is due one month prior to the wedding date.

Q. How is our wedding film delivered?
A. Following a notification that your film is complete, your film will be delivered via secure download link or on a USB device. Extras include delivery in a classic presentation box, to your home address by recorded delivery.

Q. Can I order further copies of my wedding film?
A. You certainly can. As I offer a bespoke service, the number of copies of the film included in your price varies depending on your requirements, and if you subsequently would like further copies, this can be arranged subject to the time limitations outlined above.

Q. Can we buy the raw footage? How long do you keep a master copy of our film on file?
A. Yes, I do sell the raw footage. The cost is £150 which includes a portable, PC formetted hard drive. I keep raw footage on file for two months after you have received your wedding film. A master copy of your film is kept for two years after your wedding date. After that period, I cannot guarantee that I will have a copy of your film. I recommend that you keep a copy of your film in a secure location to safeguard for future years.